Pursuant to our unique process of product development, interventionalists described the "ideal" aspiration catheter system for acute ischemic stroke as possessing the following characteristics:
- Best in class "trackability" (ability to reliably reach the M1 anatomical location)
- Largest possible inner diameter/caliber to increase the likelihood of "first pass" aspiration (maximum revascularization rate)
- Enable the fastest time to revascularization
- Reduced risk of thrombus fragmentation
- Reduced risk of arterial barotrauma (arterial damage)
The result of our unique product development process resulted in the Oryon™ aspiration system for treatment of acute ischemic stroke. The physics and materials used in this device meet or exceed each of the design inputs.
Oryon™ has been extensively tested both in-house and at the Jacobs Institute.